Discuss the process for developing Searching for a King. Discussions of Pre, Prod & Post Prod. Why did we start with this series?
00:30 – Show Open
– Welcome to Inroads, where we talk about the WHY of Appian Media and HOW you can use the technology of today to spread the timeless message of the Bible. Learn more about us and watch our free video series at www.appianmedia.org
1:00 – Introductions (including Jet’s)
2:00 – Ok… so life of Jesus… obvious starting place… to… United Kingdom of Israel?
5:00 – How did the creative process change from FTM to SFAK?
– FTM was set by Craig and Stu… by the time SFAK was conceived the team was bigger and the collaboration was better.
– Put more emphasis on style and tone.
– Pre-production kicks it off… we usually have a meeting with our entire team to discuss the series… the look and the feel.
– Stu takes the lead in the writing and logistics working with Barry and Dan on locations and points-of-interest.
– Usually Barry and Dan have worked up a list of possible locations and Jeremy has put thoughts together about what could be talked about from an application and scripture standpoint.
– Permits, planning, reservations, gear rentals, etc etc.
10:00 – We’ll talk a lot of details about the two weeks we’re out of country in a couple episodes… but what are some logistics stories from FTM 1&2 that really stand out?
– We really used third party experts which was different than FTM.
– The places we visited were even more off the beaten path than FTM.
WE’RE THRILLED TO HAVE ONE BOAT RESCUE BOATS SPONSORING THIS WEEK’S PODCAST. THEY’RE BASED IN ATHENS, ALABAMA AND MAKE MULTI-PURPOSE RESCUE BOATS FOR FIRE DEPARTMENTS, MILITARY USE AND OTHER PUBLIC SERVANTS.
THANKS TO ONE BOAT RESCUE BOATS FOR SPONSORING THE IN-ROADS PODCAST! VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT THE-ONE-BOAT-DOT-COM. YOU CAN ALSO FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SPONSORS IN THIS EPISODE’S SHOW NOTES.
20:00 – Don’t want to short change post production… why is that part of the process such a long period of time?
– About 50-60% of the creative process is spent in the edit bay.
– There are several iterations that come out of post production.
– It’s magical to see it all come together
– Talk about the process we use for getting feedback and the different rounds of edits
– Talk specifics about SFAK
– Has to be overwhelming to get back and start sifting through the hard drives
25:00 – Wrap up/ Tease next show
CTA: inRoads is a production of Appian Media… we’re a non-profit video production company that is 100% crowdfunded. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can support Appian Media so we can continue to create more great… FREE content visit us at appianmedia.org/inRoads